How to File RTI Online in India: Step by Step Procedure
Under section 6(1) of the RTI Act, 2005, citizens can submit request for information to Public Information Officer (PIO) of the concerned Public Authority. Citizens can file RTI Online as well as Offline. This article provides you How to File RTI Online in India. To know the step by step procedure to file RTI Offline, please visit How to File a RTI Offline ?
There is no common platform to file RTI Application online to Central Public Authority as well as State Public Authority. Right now, you can file RTI Online only before Central Public Authority and before few State Public Authority.
How to File RTI Online in India
Let me explain you step by step procedure to file RTI online before Central Public Authority:
1. Go to the rtionline website of the central government by clicking RTI Online link. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
2. You have two options: either register or proceed without registration. If you want to file RTI Application frequently, we recommend you to register yourself because if you register then your all personal details such as Name, Address, etc. will be saved and you do not need to fill your details again and again when you submit new RTI Request. At the same time, after submitting RTI Request, to check the status of your request you do not need to remember all of your application numbers. You need to remember only your username and password. To register at rtionline website, you click at “Sign Up here” link. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
3. Fill all details and submit. After Clicking submit, following screen will appear:
4. Now, your registration process is completed. You need to verify and activate your account. Click on “Click here to login”. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
5. Enter username, password, and security code, and then click Login button. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
7. Click on the “Submit Request” tab to file your RTI Application. On clicking on submit request option “GUIDELINES FOR USE OF RTI ONLINE PORTAL” screen will be displayed. This screen contains various guidelines for using RTI online portal.
8. Click on the check box “I have read and understood the above guidelines.” and then click on submit button. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
9. Fill all details and Click on the “Make Payment” button. If you belong to “Below Poverty Line”, you don’t need to pay fees. You have to simply click submit button and your application will be filed . After Clicking Make Payment, following screen will appear:
10. Enter your card details, and click Pay button. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
11. Click “Proceed with VbV” button. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
12. Enter either IPIN or OTP, and click Next button. After Clicking, following screen will appear:
13. You have filed your RTI Application successfully.
14. Wait for Reply/Information from PIO within specified time limit.
The above mentioned steps shows How to File RTI Online in India before central government.
How to File RTI Online in India before State Public Authority
To know how to file RTI Online before State Public Authority, please visit RTI Online for State Government.
You can understand complete RTI Act through Flow Chart at below link.